Friday, February 24, 2012

Pro-Gaddafi Libyan TV presenter: I am still alive

Some media reports over the weekend said Libyan journalist Hala Misrati died in prison. Hala was a presenter on pro-Gaddafi Libyan TV and became famous during the uprising following her theatrical brandishing of a pistol in the air, saying: "I will kill or die."

However, Hala appeared on Feb. 19, 2012 in a brief video, denying the reports, saying "she was surprised to hear the news.". She confirmed she was still in the hands of the Libyan rebels. "I'm still alive, and I am still among the rebels. I was not killed, was not treated badly," she said.  

Hala Misrati
© 2012 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)

read more

Source: http://www.albawaba.com/news/pro-gaddafi-libyan-tv-presenter-found-dead-prison-413408

Roy Hodgson Canada Tony Cottee Peter Beardsley Fulham Soap opera

No comments:

Post a Comment